1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password, and e-mail address when you register for a Curtsy account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile, including but not limited to your first and last name, picture, location, and phone number.
- User content, including but not limited to photos, comments, and other materials that you post on the application.
- Communications between you and Curtsy. For example, you may be sent Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- Communication between you and Curtsy users. For example, messages sent between you and another user.
- Third-party analytics tools are used to measure traffic and usage trends in Curtsy. These tools collect information sent by your device, including but not limited to the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists in the improvement of user experience and application functionality.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- Cookies and similar technologies, such as pixels, web beacons, and local storage to collect information about how you use Curtsy and provide features to you.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- Curtsy’s servers automatically record certain log file information, including but not limited to your web requests, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, and how you interact with links, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. Similar information may be collected from emails sent to users which then help to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the user experience and application functionality.
- When you use a mobile device, such as a tablet or phone to access Curtsy, Curtsy reserves the right access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Curtsy.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use Curtsy and may help to provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Curtsy may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with user content. For example, metadata can describe how, when, and by whom a piece of user content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have metadata added to their user content, including but not limited to product colors, size, fit, geotag (i.e., location marker of the product), comments, or other data. This makes your user content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your geolocation will be stored with the photo and the dress then searchable.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which may include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose and/or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Curtsy application on your device;
- Curtsy or its users may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e., hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event; and/or
- Any other use that Curtsy views as relevant to improving the application and user experience.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Curtsy (or the group of companies of which Curtsy is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we reserve the right to share your information:
- Your information and user content (including but not limited to information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) may be shared with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Curtsy is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). These Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also reserve the right to share your information, as well as information gathered through the use of tools such as cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations (“Service Providers”) that help us provide the Service to you . Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We also reserve the right to share certain information, such as cookie data, with third-party advertising partners. This information may allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We reserve the right to remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also reserve the right to combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your user content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as user content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared user content or made it public, that user content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the application or in Curtsy servers.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We reserve the right to access, preserve, and share your information in response to a legal request (such as a search warrant, court order, or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the Law otherwise requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. Curtsy also reserves the right to access, preserve, and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent, and/or address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you, and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or to otherwise prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Curtsy reserves the right to store and process any application or user data in the United States or any other country in which Curtsy, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Curtsy, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may transfer information that is collected about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that Curtsy reserves the right to transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- Curtsy uses commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Curtsy cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Curtsy or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- As part of this Agreement, you are obligated to do your part to maintain personal operational security. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Curtsy, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Curtsy make to their services. Curtsy is not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization which we use or are affiliated with.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from Nibmel by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications including but not limited to account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices.
Data and User Content Retention Policy::
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Curtsy, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for an indefinite but reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- Learn more about deleting your account.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Curtsy does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an account. Curtsy and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that it is discovered that Curtsy has collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at [email protected]
- OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US