Tuscaloosa Retail Lead
Reports to the store manager
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Curtsy is changing the fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as an alternative to buying. We see this as a resource to women in their everyday lives to empower them and help them feel like their best selves every day. The best way to do this is by connecting women in their community.
We believe the way to live and feel your best is to be connected in your community. Curtsy has pioneered renting fashion from women in your community and that is what our first retail store is about.
We are also just starting to put dresses in the mail and believe that every person will soon rent fashion. Since our launch in 2016, we have raised money from top-tier investors like Kevin Durant, Y Combinator, SV Angel and Charles River Ventures. We have also built a brand thousands of customers love and say renting on Curtsy say makes them feel empowered and confident.
As the Tuscaloosa Store Lead, you will work closely with the store manager and Curtsy HQ. You will directly involved in crafting the customer experience in our first retail store. You will be an integral part in shaping the development and future of Curtsy’s retail strategy. The Store Lead will ensure each and every customer is welcomed into the store and understands how the store works. You will work with the store manager to develop a customer-centric team while ensuring that the store is an active member of the community! As a store lead, you are expected to work a minimum of 30 hours a week.
Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
- Partner with the store manager on building and training the Curtsy team
- Set the example for a high standard in customer service
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills in a customer facing environment
- Proactively communicate updates and changes needed to improve store operations and customer experience
- Assist in the training new hires
- Ability to deliver 5-star service to each and every customer
- Ensures customer expectation is exceeded at each visit
- Proactively demonstrates a go the extra mile mindset
- Create a positive, energetic environment focused on the customer experience
- Ability to create new business through forming relationships with potential customers
- Understanding of everything Curtsy and how the store works
- Able to excel in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask between various customer types
- Assist customers at checkout, customer pick-up orders
- Awareness of online and in-store inventory
- Keep the store presentable and organized at all times through replenishing inventory, re-racking and maintaining cleanliness throughout the store
- Responsible for opening/closing the store
- Responsible for ensuring all opening and closing store procedures occur on time
- At least 2 years experience in retail or in the service industry with a proven track record working well in a team environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills – verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity.
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 30 hours per week including nights and weekends