Tuscaloosa Retail Manager
Reports to the head of product and growth
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Curtsy is changing the fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as an alternative to buying. We see this as a resource to women in their everyday lives to empower them and help them feel like their best selves every day. The best way to do this is by connecting women in their community.
We believe the way to live and feel your best is to be connected in your community. Curtsy has pioneered renting fashion from women in your community and that is what our first retail store is about.
We are also just starting to put dresses in the mail and believe that every person will soon rent fashion. Since our launch in 2016, we have raised money from top-tier investors like Kevin Durant, Y Combinator, SV Angel and Charles River Ventures. We have also built a brand thousands of customers love and say renting on Curtsy say makes them feel empowered and confident.
As the Tuscaloosa Store Manager, you will be responsible for leading our first retail store in a high growth environment. You will be an integral part in shaping the development and future of Curtsy’s retail strategy. You will work to develop a customer-centric team while ensuring that the store is an active member of the community!
Do you think you have what it takes to dream big in our dream closet?
- Responsible for building a world class team
- Act as a mentor and take full responsibility for the success of the store and team by providing guidance, constructive feedback, and demonstrating strong problem solving abilities in a customer facing environment
- Create and implement trainings to drive a customer-first culture in store
- Actively communicates with Curtsy HQ on opportunities in customer service, marketing and technology to better service our in-store and online customers
- Ability to deliver exceptional service to each and every customer while scaling our repeat business.
- Ensures customer expectation is exceeded at each visit and maintaining an environment focused on a customer first model
- Present on the retail floor, as a floor manager for a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Proactively demonstrates a “go the extra mile” mindset
- Be inventive and create additional business opportunities while supporting our growing subscription model
- Lead and execute marketing and promotional events
- Achieve or exceed financial plans through effective planning and management to grow the retail business, and ensure disciplined control of all store expenses and payroll
- Create and implement strategies to further subscription model
- Exceed expectations in customer satisfaction metrics
- Maintain positive online reputation on various outlets
- Responsible for meeting store goals and key metrics while holding team members accountable for overall and individual goals
- With direction from Curtsy HQ, performs/completes other additional projects and assignments as requested
- Ensure that Company standards are upheld in merchandising, visual presentations, housekeeping and loss prevention
- Ensure operational excellence with regard to all back of the house operations including stockroom maintenance, merchandise paperwork, payroll, and scheduling
- Ensure all opening and closing store procedures occur in a timely and efficient manner
- 2 plus years management experience in the service or fashion industry with a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate ongoing projects, plans and people development
- Works well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative and resourceful
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, and performance management skills
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical and communication skills – verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Proven track record in attendance and performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service and revenue productivity
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Supplemental info: provide any other additional information (e.g. access to vehicle, ability to travel, etc.)
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per week including nights and weekends